The Sit Stand Desk is a height-adjustable sit-stand desk that can be adjusted to both sitting and standing positions. This makes for a healthier workplace for those who work at a desk all day. While the height of most seated desks is standardized, standing desks are made in many different heights ranging from 70 to 128 centimetres (28 to 50 in). We have crank and electrical options for you to choose from. Some of the electrical sit-stand desks have memory modes that can be preset for the user’s height. Donworth Office Interiors can supply you with the correct sit-stand desk for you and your staff.
Raise the standards of your workspace. Create a health-conscious environment using our ‘Pro-Fit’ sit-stand desking range. There are endless benefits to working at a height-adjustable desks, including;
- Sit-Stand Desks help to reduce back pain.
- Help Improve mood and energy Levels
- Boost Productivity
- Sit Stand Desks help in Preventing unhealthy weight gain.
- Help lower the risk of developing cardiovascular disorders
- Help reduce blood sugar levels
The ‘Pro- Fit’ height adjustable range is quite extensive, and all available in a choice of finishes
- The original ‘Pro-Fit’ sit stand desk – a single person workspace. Height range from 690mm-1200mm, customize your desktop dimensions to fit your space, available in a wide range of finishes.
- The ‘Pro-Fit Meet’, sit standing meeting/conference table – take your meetings to another level. Height range from 690mm-1200mm, customize your desktop dimensions to fit your space, available in a wide range of finishes.
- The ‘Pro-Fit Home’, Working from home and stuck for space? There is a solution, and it’s called ‘Pro-Fit Home’. When not in use, Pro-Fit Home looks like a regular cupboard at only 105cm wide, 30cm deep, and 68cm high (the size of a small bookcase).
When it’s time to work, simply open the doors, flip up the worktop and Pro-Fit Home becomes a full 80cm work desk. Height range from 690mm-1200mm, available in a wide range of finishes.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions and User Guide
HOW LONG SHOULD I STAND AT MY DESK?
Experts advise that sitting at your desk all workday is bad for your health and therefore the user should stand at their workstation for at least 15-20 minutes per hour. Your health professional may also make recommendations.
WHY USE A SIT-STAND DESK?
A sit-stand desk allows to vary between standing and sitting by making it possible to raise your workstation. By being able to alternate sitting and standing, the user can vary their body position more often while working, allowing to change your routine and reduce health risks of sitting all day – standing at your desk once in a while is very beneficial for your health.
HOW SHOULD I SET UP MY SIT-STAND DESK?
Maintain a neutral body position while both, sitting and standing.
- Your hands, wrists and forearms should be straight and relatively parallel to the floor.
- Your head should be level or slightly bent forward – in line with the torso.
- Make sure your spine is straight.
- Allow for your shoulders to be relaxed.
- Your elbows should stay close to the body and bent at 90-120 degrees.
- You should not twist your upper torso.
- The monitor should be at your eye level or slightly below eye level.
When the desk is in a standing position, make sure of the following:
- Make sure your arms are at the same position as they would be when you are sitting at your desk. The workstation should not be too high.
- The height of the monitor should be at your eye level or slightly below your eye level – the same as if you were sitting at your desk.
- Make sure that cables, electrical access and other elements do not make adjusting your desk difficult.
- Do not lean on the desk and do not lean to only one side.
- Do not lock your knees.
- You may consider to use a footrest when standing – this will allow you to shift your weight from one leg to another as needed.
- Also consider a use of an anti-fatigue mat where appropriate.
IS THERE A WAY OF HAVING MY DESK HEIGHT SAVED/MEMORISED?
Yes! Our standard electric height adjustable desks have four memory setting – you can save your best sitting position and standing position in your settings – then, by just a press of the button, the desk will adjust itself to saved height.